If you’re already a member of the Chamber, this is your new source for everything you need to know about Chamber Events, News, Awards, and much more!
If you’re considering becoming a member of the Chamber, please browse through our links to see the benefits of membership, who is already involved, what we’re about, and what we’re doing!
If you’re considering moving your business to Union City, find out all that we have to offer you!
Contact the Chamber office at 765-964-5409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Union City Chamber is truly the heart… the front door of our community… the place where visitors and newcomers get their first impression of our area.
What is the Union City Chamber of Commerce?
The Union City Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary organization composed of business, professional, civic, and educational leaders united together to fulfill the mission of this organization. Funding for this non-profit organization comes primarily from membership investments and a few fundraisers.
In 1927, the Union City Chamber of Commerce was established by concerned business leaders in the community who saw a need for an organization, which could deal with emerging challenges in the area while supporting the excellent tradition of the community.
Through the years the Chamber has been a strong voice for the business community and has provided many services to its members and to the entire community. Opportunities to serve the area have expanded and developed, and the Union City Chamber of Commerce remains a viable and valuable business organization today.
Who should be a Member?
- Any business which is located in the Union City area.
- Any business, which comes into the community to do business, because you have a strong stake in the area economy.
- Schools, so students and families may benefit from joint efforts to increase partnership and educational enrichment opportunities.
- Organizations which serve or work in the area, so we may all work together to benefit the people here.
- Professionals because you rely on benefits provided to employees in the area and care about the people who live and work here.
- Tourism-oriented, retail and service businesses, so we may recommend your establishment to the many people who write and call to seek information about the area each year.
- Retired business and community people welcomed at special individual rates, because we need your expertise to remain available to the Union City Chamber of Commerce and our business organization.
The Union City Chamber of Commerce is already working on your behalf if you live or work in this area. We can be most effective if we represent all businesses, which have an impact on this economic area.
The Chamber is not a social club
If your life doesn’t allow for many more meetings, you can still help the organization by providing funding for some of the many Union City Chamber programs, which help to enhance the quality of life for businesses and people in the community.
Anyone in business really cannot afford NOT to belong to the local Chamber. Membership is an investment in your future. It does not cost, it PAYS you! Each business succeeds in part because of efforts of the Chamber of Commerce.
Being a part of the Chamber multiplies your effectiveness in the community. When you hire the Chamber you get the service of the staff, volunteers and the state organizations of which the Union City Chamber is a dues paying member.
We work for our members!
Privileges of membership include receiving the monthly newsletter. The Newsletter, to which you may submit information about your business and the people in it, getting complimentary listing in the Union City Annual Membership Directory, Health Insurance Program and Embarq Program.
The Chamber Promotes the Community via:
- Telephone Referrals
- E-Mail Referrals
- Maintenance of this Chamber Web Site
- Provision of Telephone books, maps, list of churches, club & organizations etc.
- Membership Directory
- Publication of the New Resident Guide for Union City
- We are the communities one stop shop for a host of informational resources about Union City.
- Annual Banquet where community volunteers are recognized and awards – including the Hub Award & Business of the Year – are presented)
- Quarterly Member Luncheons where topics of business interest are discussed
- First Friday networking meetings
- The Chamber manages insurance programs for Chamber Members
- The Chamber publishes a monthly newsletter highlighting business and community news and events
- The Chamber conducts ribbon cuttings, grand openings & groundbreaking ceremonies
- The Chamber conducts service projects for the benefit of the community including:
- City-wide Garage Sale
- Annual Fireworks Display
- Holiday Shopping Day
- The Easter Eggs Project
- The Ducky Derby
- The Chicken BBQ
- The Chamber coordinates with other organizations to provide our members with additional networking and leadership opportunities in Darke & Randolph County, including:
- The Winchester Area Chamber of Commerce
- The Darke County Chamber of Commerce
- The Randolph County Economic Development Corporation & the Darke County CIC
- The Randolph County and Darke County Tourism Bureaus
- The Union City Community Economic Development Committee
- The Union City Gateway Project